Thursday, November 18, 2010

Alternate Ending

As I watch the pendulum rise back into the cieling I wonder what has to be up there. How far down, or up for that matter, am I? I try to reach the cieling as the door closes right before I can reach it. Who is watching me? I know that someone or something must be up there. How else would they know exactly when to close the door? I call out for someone, anyone, but there is no response. Just the reverbarating sounds of my voice echoing off of the barren walls. I try to think of someway to get myself out of this lonely cell, but I can find no way. Suddenly, I am grabbed. I look up and there is a man coming down from the cieling. He has a hold on this rotten cloak that they gave me. As I am staring, trying and hoping to be able to make out the face of the man. He starts to drop me. Slowly...slowly..slowly I inch down out of his grip. But he is holding me over the vast, bottomless pit. In a swift second, I make the choice to take my fate into my own hands. I reach up and pull his hand off of me.

1 comment:

  1. This is good, Burger! I wasn't expecting that ending, though. When you said he was grabbed I thought he was going to be saved for sure. It was a good twist in the story!

    ReplyDelete